The First Video Uploaded to YouTube April 23, 2005
- Advertisement -
You Tube Stats 2015:
When Google bought YouTube for $1.65 billion in 2006, many people were wondering if the search giant had wildly overpaid for the site. Today, the website is said to be valued as high as $40 billion.
- YouTube has more than 1 billion users
- Every day people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube and generate billions of views
- The number of hours people are watching on YouTube each month is up 50% year over year
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- ~60% of a creator’s views comes from outside their home country
- YouTube is localized in 75 countries and available in 61 languages
- Half of YouTube views are on mobile devices
- Mobile revenue on YouTube is up over 100% y/y
- 85% of YouTube TrueView in-stream ads are skippable
- 45% of online users who posted an original video in 2013 uploaded one involving a pet or animal.
Roughly 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
In November 2014, a Google spokesperson confirmed that number had jumped to 300 hours, or roughly 12.5 days’ worth of video, per minute.