During The holy month of Ramadan, MENA citizens tend to spend more time surfing the web, especially on social media channels. Engagement with regional brands in Facebook increases 30% during Ramadan and 33% on Twitter, compared to other times of the year, according to a recent report released by The Online Project, regional social media agency.
The study monitored 300,000 Facebook posts, comments and likes, and 10,000 Twitter users from 9 countries in the Middle East during last year’s Ramadan, resulting in a huge set of data to go through.
Also Read : Social media engagements hit peak during Ramadan
Most importantly for brands, the report details the best times to post:
- Egypt: 4pm Facebook, 2pm Twitter
- UAE: 7pm Facebook, 6pm Twitter
- Saudi Arabia: 10pm Facebook, 4-6am Twitter
- Jordan: 2-4am Facebook, 6pm Twitter
- Lebanon: 10am Facebook, 4pm Twitter
- Qatar: 7pm Facebook, 6pm Twitter