Back in 2015, Moroccan Singer Saad Lamjarred’s ‘Lma3allem’ made its way to hit over 31 million views in one month. This was considered an all-time record for an Arabic music video on YouTube in such a short time
The Egyptian-Algerian actor, Ahmad Mekky just released his latest hit “Wa’fet Nasyt Zaman” entitled (Standing on the Corner of My Old Street) has accumulated plenty of feats over the last few hrs and is showing no signs of stopping.
It isn’t that YouTube video is dead. In fact, it’s still very much alive. It’s about changing the tactics and its obvious that Mekky decided to monazite the exclusive video via YouTube.
Ahmed Mekky directed his 855,053 Facebook fans to watch the video on his YouTube channel without considering publishing even a parallel teaser video on Facebook to accumulate all the predicted viewership on one sole digital channel.
The song “Wa’fet Nasyet Zaman” cinematography main theme is very authentic and it represents the true precious culture of the Egyptian street. The song story is all about reviving the good morals of the past while being nostalgic for beautiful past memories with friends and neighbours as well as the old values and ethics.
Iconic digital metrics made by Mekky:
- In less than 10 hrs, Mekky’s latest hit “Wa’fet Nasyt Zaman” made its way to be #1 trending video on YouTube over Egypt.
- The new exclusive video needed just 12hrs to hit 1M views on YouTube to be one of the fastest videos from Middle East to reach 1 million views.
- The YouTube video achieved 1,524,281 views in 24hrs exactly.
- Since the teaser post, Mekky’s Facebook page achieved 42K+ Average Engagement/post.
- The 6 posts concerning the video release attracted 254K+ Engaged users in 48hrs time span.
Social Media Reaction:
Mekky 👏👏👍 pic.twitter.com/i73X9we6or
— MohamedElmansory🦉 (@Mansory943) December 14, 2017
Mekky's new music video 💯
— Tohamy Jr (@TohamySaif) December 14, 2017
Mekky Is Back ❤ https://t.co/7WTdy8KeKh
— ∆ (@official_A7MD) December 14, 2017
The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell. Did you notice that the video is already directed by Mekky?