Tim McLoughlin, Head of Social Media at Saatchi and Saatchi in the UK is one of the keynote speakers at the Marketing Kingdom Cairo 2, Egypt’s biggest international marketing event, taking place from 26-27 October at the Fairmont Towers in Cairo.
He leads social strategy for brands such as Toyota and Visa matching creative ideas to effective execution. He is passionate about how technology changes human behaviour and consumer engagement with brands, politics and sport.
We recently asked him to share with us 5 tips for marketers in Egypt.
- Think like a consumer: build campaigns that make sense for consumers first
- Keep it simple: do one job and do it well, don’t try to do too many things at once as that will confuse your consumer and dilute your message
- Balance creative with distribution: both creative and media are equal partners in delivering success
- Be creative with targeting: we’ve got more consumer data now than ever, use it to open up powerful opportunities
- Measure everything: but keep measurement simple and aim to track performance against sales and brand metrics whatever platform your campaign runs on
Early bird tickets for the Marketing Kingdom Cairo 2 are US$407 and can be purchased on the event’s official website here