Ramadan is considered one of the busiest months for marketers as it is a season for all brands. This is the only month where almost most of the brands release campaigns. This is why this month is always stressful, especially for content creators.
Content creators have to develop new ideas relevant to the month and create content relevant to the brand’s campaign.
If you’re a content creator, here are some tips on creating social media content for Ramadan.
- Advertisement -
1- Stay Relevant
Your social media content doesn’t only have to be relevant to Ramadan but also to what people experience during Ramadan.
To stay relevant to Ramadan in your content plan, it’s important to understand the significance of this holy month and the values that it represents to the community.
Real-life situations can be a huge inspiration when it comes to creating content. For example, if you’re creating content for an F&B brand, you can get inspired by people’s cravings or by people’s Ramadan outings. Also, if you’re creating content for a real estate developer or broker, you can always use the theme of Ramadan gatherings.
Always think about people’s behavior and habits during Ramadan and create content based on it.
2- Vary Your Content
Your content doesn’t have to be only images, videos content is a huge factor in making the audience engage with you.
Social media platforms provide so many options when it comes to creating content. You can divide your ideas into images, videos, and reels. Creating reels and videos can be very beneficial as you can express your idea more.
- Create content that reflects the spirit of Ramadan: Focus on themes such as gratitude, compassion, and charity, and showcase how your brand is embodying these values during the month of Ramadan.
- Showcase Ramadan traditions: Highlight the various cultural and religious traditions associated with Ramadan, such as fasting, prayer, and family gatherings. Share recipes for traditional Ramadan dishes or offer tips for how to celebrate the occasion in a meaningful way.
- Offer special Ramadan promotions: Create exclusive Ramadan-themed promotions and discounts to engage with your audience during this important time. This could include offering discounts on products or services, or creating special Ramadan gift bundles.
- Collaborate with influencers: Partner with influential Muslim content creators to create relevant and engaging content that resonates with their audiences. This can help you reach new audiences and build brand awareness during Ramadan.
- Use relevant hashtags: Incorporate popular Ramadan hashtags such as #RamadanMubarak, #RamadanKareem, and #EidMubarak into your social media content to increase visibility and reach.
3- Keep Up With The Trends and News
News-jacking and trend-jacking are known to be important factors when it comes to creating content and engagement.
Ramadan is always filled with trends, either from TV shows or TV adverts. Trending topics can be very good raw material for your content and can help you provide many ideas.
To keep up with the trends and news in your content, here are some tips:
- Follow industry news sources: Subscribe to industry news outlets, blogs, and social media accounts that cover your industry. This will help you stay informed about the latest trends, news, and updates in your field.
- Use social media monitoring tools: Use social media monitoring tools to keep track of trending topics, hashtags, and conversations related to your industry. This will help you identify relevant topics and trends to incorporate into your content.
- Attend industry events and webinars: Attend industry events, conferences, and webinars to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in your field. This will also provide you with opportunities to network with other professionals and gain insights from industry leaders.
- Conduct keyword research: Conduct keyword research to identify popular search terms and topics related to your industry. This will help you create content that resonates with your target audience and improves your visibility in search engines.
- Engage with your audience: Engage with your audience on social media, forums, and other platforms to understand their interests and preferences. This will help you tailor your content to their needs and stay relevant to their evolving interests.
This can drive a very high engagement rate on your social media content.
4- Timing Matters
Categorize your content into two categories, pre-iftar, and post-iftar.
Based on these two categories, you will know what type of content and ideas you need to present to your audience. If you’re promoting a restaurant then depending on the offers and the type of meals, you can choose pre-iftar or post-iftar. Pre-iftar posts can promote iftar meals or offers and post-iftar can promote Sohour meals and offers.
If you’re promoting other brands than a restaurant or F&B then pre-iftar can be a good time as people tend to be on social media after work.
Here are some factors to consider when scheduling your Ramadan content:
- The start and end dates of Ramadan: The dates of Ramadan vary each year based on the lunar calendar, so it’s important to determine the exact start and end dates for the year you are targeting. This will help you plan your content calendar around key Ramadan dates, such as the first day of fasting, the Night of Power, and Eid al-Fitr.
- Fasting times: Your audiance will fast from dawn until sunset during Ramadan, so it’s important to consider the timing of your content to ensure it is not promoting food or drink during fasting hours.
- Social media usage: Your social media fans will typically spend more time on social media during Ramadan, especially during the evening hours when they break their fast. Consider scheduling your content to align with these peak usage times.
- Campaign duration: Ramadan is a month-long observance, so it’s important to plan your content calendar accordingly. Consider creating a series of themed content that can be released throughout the month, as opposed to a single, one-time campaign.
- Cultural sensitivities: Be mindful of cultural sensitivities and local customs when creating Ramadan content. For example, certain types of content or images may be considered inappropriate during this time.
Also, don’t forget to check the peek hour from your platform’s analysis.
5- Don’t Forget Eid Al-Fitr
While planning your Ramadan calendar, you have to come up with ideas for Eid El-Fitr.
Put in mind that people’s behavior and habits change during Eid and they almost get back to their old routine, which has to be reflected in your ideas. For example, if you’re promoting a beverage brand or a cafe, then you have to dedicate an idea to coffee.
Ideas for Eid El-Fitr are essential in your social media plan.
As much as work can be stressful during Ramadan, you will still have fun working on new creative ideas.
Have a blessed Ramadan