The Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, unveiled at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, will be available on March 11.
The South Korean firm unveiled Sunday a new pair of water-resistant smartphones, the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge, which come with improved cameras aimed at capturing better images in dim conditions.
- The phones come with world’s first dual-pixel sensors to take photos faster
- Handsets also feature bigger batteries and an expandable memory slot
- Samsung’s reintroduced water resistance feature as seen in 2014 flagship
Samsung further enhanced its Galaxy series with new features, including:
- Water and dust resistant design: With an IP68 rating, both the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge withstand spills and splashes. If your phone gets wet, just pick it up, wipe if off and keep going.
- Advanced camera: The Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge feature technology that allows for faster autofocus and captures low-light photos a breeze.
- Fast wireless charging: You’ll be able to wirelessly charge and fast-charge your device at the same time with a wireless Fast Charging stand. Simply place the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge on the stand and the device will Fast Charge, without plugging anything into the phone.
- For the Galaxy S7 edge, a new Task Edge screen offers one-tap access to applications, functions and screens, such as contacts, selfie mode or calendar, and is always accessible.