The 2015 RiseUp Summit in Cairo is taking place in Downtown Cairo, including American University of Cairo’s The Greek Campus from December 12-13. Entrepreneurs and stakeholders, get ready to inspire and get inspired, connect and get connected, know and get known for the third year in a row.
RiseUp Summit will bring in an estimated 4,000 entrepreneurs, investors, industry leaders, and other attendees from across the MENA and West African regions.
— Dilek (@DilekDayinlarli) December 10, 2015
Quantum Leap: Meet entrepreneurs from all over the MENA-region, investors from around the globe, and learn from those who made it big!
WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS YEAR?
- The whole MENA-region entrepreneurship scene in one place; entrepreneurs and investors from Morocco to UAE, Yemen to Turkey, and everywhere in-between, in addition to key players from East and West Africa.
- New global partners visiting Egypt for the first time – we are currently in talks with Seedstars, Get in the Ring, Startup Safari, Endeavor Global.
- Top notch speakers from the startup and business world, regional and global.
- Customized knowledge-sharing sessions specifically for entrepreneurs.
- A powerful Networking app (powered by Eventtus) which allows you to connect to any other attendee.
- Social events. Dinners, breakfasts and parties.
- Phenomenal Opening and Closing Ceremonies directed by Visual Laundry and in partnership with local organizers.
RiseUp Summit is bringing you dynamic startup pitch events this year. The events are organized in collaboration with our partners and take place on December 12th-13th, 2015.
— Mike Butcher (@mikebutcher) December 10, 2015
The various events aim to connect startups with venture capital and corporate investors in all industries. Participating investors include Dave McClure, Fadi Ghandour, Fadi Antaki, TechStars’ Greg Rogers, Vostok New Ventures and many more…
This is your chance to be start a band of your own and be part of something disruptive that shakes up the music field. Musicians, vocalists, songwriters, composers, sound engineers, – join forces and “startup” bands.
Startup Band begins with open mic pitches by the vocals on Thursday evening. If you have a good voice, it’s your chance to finally shine and meet your future band members. Musicians will join forces with the best vocalists and form different bands with a mission of creating 1 hit song in 1 day. Over Friday and Saturday bands will be working on building a minimal viable product (1 original hit song), our mentors will be ready and willing to offer their support.
On Saturday evening each band will present their song live on RiseUp stage in front summit audience, and receive feedback from a panel of experts as well as the chance to win some great prizes. Startup Band is inclusive to all, you don’t need to be a professional musician to start a band, the best bands are formed by joining forces with other people of different backgrounds/styles/skills.
Connect & Network
Have it all at your fingertips with the RiseUp15 app. download it now from Google Play or, for iOS and don’t miss a minute of the startup action. Rise Up state of the art event app will allow you connect, network and find out everything you need to know about what’s going on at #RiseUp15. Download the app free now and enter event confirmation code you’re sent.
— RiseUp (@riseupsummit) December 11, 2015
RiseUp Summit 2015 aims at connecting entrepreneurs to resources, while reflecting and supporting the status and development of the entrepreneurship ecosystem in Egypt, the MENA-region and Africa as a whole. The crowdsourced event is based on collaboration and partnerships, and is expected to welcome between 4,000 and 4,500 attendees.
Official website: https://riseupsummit.com/