Instagram is one of the most essential social media platforms that we can’t live without. Almost everyone around the world has an account on Instagram including corporates and brands. It became an essential platform just like Facebook and business owners use it to promote their businesses.
Over the past years especially when Instagram joined Facebook, we have seen many updates from the platform that are very useful for business and for those who create content over the application. The updates helped many people in promoting their content and even brands promoting their products. There doesn’t go a day without a brand putting a story on Instagram.
If Facebook can replicate the success of Instagram Stories with Instagram Reels, it will put a ton of pressure on TikTok to maintain its growth.
A few days ago, we have noticed some new updates on Instagram that made the application even more useful, especially for those who are into filmmaking.
Instagram Adds “Reels”
On the 9th of August 2020, Instagram announced the global launching of its new update “Reels”. If you are a daily Instagram user then you must have seen many accounts using this update. The update went viral in no time and many brands and especially TV shows accounts have been using it posting some snippets of the shows.
As of now, the Instagram Reels feature is only available across 50 countries.
So, if you are a social media addict and you love shooting videos and uploading stories, then this update is definitely for you.
All You Need to Know About Instagram “Reels”
“Reels” is a new update on Instagram that allows the users to create and edit short-films and have an opportunity of getting discovered on a global stage.
The new update allows the users to take a 15 seconds video along with its music and it offers a new set of editing tools, access to Facebook’s music library, also it provides a library of AR effects, and allows the user to add owned original audio. So, you are responsible for creating your video from A to Z.
Everything You Need To Know About Instagram Reels
- Reels is the new IG format to create short-form edited videos with audio & music.
- Instagram Reels takes creativity to the next level with new video editing tools, timers, countdowns, speed controls, AR effects, and music library.
- Instagram Reels will help you be discovered by a global audience with a newly designed Explore page.
How To Use Instagram Reels?
- Select Reels at the bottom of the Instagram camera. You will see a variety of creative editing tools on the left side of your screen that you can use to create your reel, including Music, AR Effects, Align Tool, Timer and others. Reels can be recorded in a series of clips (one at a time), all at once or using video uploads from your gallery.
- Record the first clip by pressing and holding the capture button. You will see a progress indicator at the top of the screen as you record. Stop recording to end each clip.
- Once your reel is ready, choose the share button where you can change the cover image, add a caption, hashtags and tag your friends. You can also save a draft of your reel if you want to pause and come back to it.
- After you share your reel, it will live on a separate Reels tab on your profile, where people can find the reels you have shared. You will be able to see likes, comments and how many times your reel has been played.
- Whether you have a public or private account, you can share your reel to your Story, close friends, or in a direct message. If you opt to do so, your reel will behave like a regular Story — it will not be shared to Reels in Explore, will not appear on your profile, and will disappear after 24 hours.
The Egyptian Youth Is All About Video Content
A huge number of the Egyptian youth is now communication through creating videos, on either Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok, with this brand new update, it will attract more people to Instagram.
Samer Jamal, the Strategic Partner Manager at Instagram said: “Egypt has a dynamic and socio-economically active youth population who use short-form content social media platforms for self-expression,” He continues “We always listen and take inspiration from what our community wants; and they want the opportunity to make, watch and share short-form edited videos in a permanent way. Having built our own version in a way that makes it even more powerful, we can’t wait to see how our community creates with Reels and are excited to discover a whole new generation of Instagram talent.”
Instagram once again proves that it can be one of the top used applications as it always releases updates that can make its users ignore other applications and start focusing on using it only. It is obvious that Instagram is building its own community and always working on new updates to satisfy its users.