In 2021, Ievents’ CEO, Amr Mansi, envisioned paying tribute to Egypt’s entrepreneurship ecosystem. That same year, Mansi’s dream saw the light of day and was known as “Egypt’s Entrepreneur Awards” (EEA). Until today, the event is the first Egyptian platform that recognizes and rewards both established and rising enterprises in a multitude of industries.
And this year, it’s holding its 3rd edition under the theme “The People of Now” in June 2023. So let’s take a quick look at what to expect at this year’s award ceremony . . .
New Categories and A Rich Panel of Jury Members
For its 3rd edition, the EEA will feature a jury consisting of 41+ members; some of which have been newly appointed this year such as:
- Mohamed Hefzy (Producer and Founder of Film Clinic)
- Dr. Sherif El Kholy (Partner and Head of the Middle East & Africa Infrastructure and the Middle East & North Africa Private equity at Actis and member of the Economic Advisory Council of H.E. The Prime Minister of Egypt)
- Mohamed El Damaty (CEO Domty & AL Ahly Club Board member)
- Ayman Abbas (Chairman of ADES International Holding)
- Ahmed El Alfi (Chairman, Sawari Ventures)
- Ammar Basheir (Ammar Basheir Creative Studio
As for this year’s new categories, the award ceremony will feature new ones such as art to business, disruption of traditional industries, and Ecosystem Hero of the Year. And here is the full list of this year’s award categories:
- Advertisement -
- Fintech/ Fintech Enabler Award
- Digital Solutions & Customer Experience Award
- Disruption of Traditional Industries Award
- Fashion Business Award, Interior Design Award
- Art to Business Award
- Sports & Wellbeing Award
- Experiential Dining Business Award
- Entrepreneur for Good Award
- Rising Entrepreneur of the Year
- Regional Woman Entrepreneur of the Year
- Next Gen Intrapreneur of the Year
- Ecosystem Hero of the Year
- Real Estate Services Award.
A Growing Network of Success Partners
Since its establishment, EEA has been powered by famed Egyptian developer, Tatweer Misr. And it has since grown to welcome aboard more success partners in its editions such as:
- EG Bank: EEA’s official Bank Partner.
- Orange and Pepsico: co-partners for this year’s edition.
- Startup Scene: Media Partner.
- El Sewedy Electric: Industrial Partner.
- Concrete: Fashion Partner.
- Nestle: Event Supporter.
- Geidea: Payment Solutions Partner,
- Collard: Tech Partner.
- She Wins Arabia by IFC, Mint by EG Bank, Endeavor, AMCHAM, and EO: Ecosystem Partners.
“We are thrilled to launch the third edition of EEA which is a testament to our commitment to recognizing those who have built something outstanding in their industries and using this recognition to drive their business forward in Egypt. Today I am proud to report that in the past two editions, we have received entries from over 400 rising and leading entrepreneurs in Egypt”. “We believe that entrepreneurs are the driving force behind economic growth and social progress, and we are proud to recognize their achievements and contributions. Through our awards program, we aim to inspire and empower the emerging entrepreneurs to pursue their dreams and make a positive impact in Egypt and very soon in the Middle East”. – Amr Mansi, CEO of EEA & ievents
An Advisory Board Led by Industry Leaders
One of the key success factors behind EEA is the group of people who have spearheaded the events ceremony from conception to completion.
And that group of people is EEA’s advisory board which includes some of Egypt’s brightest minds, industry sages, and most importantly, brilliant business figures. This year’s advisory board members include:
- Ahmed Elsewedy, President & CEO of Elsewedy Electric S.A.E
- Dina El Mofty, Founder of Injaz Egypt
- Onsi Sawiris, Co-Founder & Managing Partner at HOF Capital
- Aladdin Saba, Founding Partner of BPE
- Ahmed Habib, President & CEO of Harvest Holdings & Founding Member of EO Cairo
- Hussein Rifai, Serial Entrepreneur & Founder of Ventures
- Neveen El Tahri, Chairperson at Delta Shield for Investment
- Thuraya Ismail, Mentor Arabia Executive Director & Eisenhower Fellow
- Wael Fakharany, CEO EDENRED UAE.
So, are you interested to apply yourself?
That’s right! If you’re a budding entrepreneur who’s recently launched a business or have established a reputable name for yourself, you can apply to the EEA here. The deadline for applications is April 20th. The shortlisting of the EEA will be in May 2023 and the winners will be announced at the annual ceremony, taking place in Cairo in June 2023.