Because Amazon network and services are expanding at a tremendous rate, they take the responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to scale Amazon network.
In a job post published on Amazon jobs website, the American e-commerce company is looking for best-in-class Network Engineers to help plan, deploy and scale one of the world’s largest and complex networks.
Amazon web services goal is to become “The Infrastructure Platform” for the world. Amazon customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. In this role, you will work in a team of highly skilled Network Engineers responsible for the end-to-end capacity requirements of our network.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience is mandatory. In addition candidates should
· Have 5+ years industry experience in a similar environment.
· Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP and OSPF.
· In-depth knowledge of and experience with major router platforms; specifically with Cisco 37xx, 49xx, 65xx, 73xx, 76xx, Nexus 7K and Juniper MX/EX platforms including all compatible supervisory and line cards for these platforms.
· Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
Candidates should also have had significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: DWDM, T1/DS1, DS3, SONET (OC3, OC48), 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, netflow, DNS, HTTP.